Anyone know of....

a tool that actually gets the loose hair off?? My son's dog is a small mixed breed, but she sheds REALLY badly. I've tried a few desheddars (sp?), but nothing really helps. I have the time to brush her numerous times a day, and she also gets bathes often. I vacummdaily, wash the couch covers (even though she isn't allowed on furniture), but I'm going crazy! I won't get rid of her (as I don't believe hair is a reason to rehome her), but I'm loosing my mind. I'm constantly finding dog hair on my son, which I can't stand. I need a really good brush that actually picks up the loose hair... By the way she's a shorthair, but it's really thick.... Thanks in advance...

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 1:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pets

• Depending on the breed/breeds she takes after shaving may not be the best option. If she has a double coat she will rely on that coat to help cool her. The guard hairs acts like an insulator and repel sunlight. Best thing to do is try different brushes and make sure you have a regular grooming schedule. Unfortunately dog hair comes with the territory of owning a dog.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• yeah if u buy a plastic comb with small briciles i found that works best
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Take the dog and have them shave her... Thats what we do with ours that shed badly!
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 4:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Have you used the Furminator???? It is the best tool in the world! Also they have shampoo's and stuff.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009