getting period back after birth?? scared first time mom

so i am no longer BF-ing. haven't for almost 2 whole months. i have had 2 consecutive on-time regular (but heavy) periods. and it did NOT show up this month. if my schedule is back... then im 4 days late. also, just show you know, before i was pregnant, i had exact periods. i swear i started in the morning on the 20th and finished by the night of the 25th. I know hormones going back can cause weird schedules, but im scared im pregnant again.

how did ya'll get your period back? anything weird like this. I could take a test, but I have to wait to get paid in 2 weeks-ish before I can buy one.

honeybee429

Asked by honeybee429 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Health

• my periods were all over the calender for the first while - but over about 6 months they got back to 'normal'

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i wounldnt be too worried yet, i had mine on tim after stopping BF for about 2 or 4 months and then they stoped for 3 months and came back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• it can take some time...having a baby and bfing can mess up your schedule BADLY...with me it was the opposite of you....i was irregular as hell, and heavy....after my first kid it went to exactly on time but still heavy...after the second it starting jumping around again but lighter....dont panic yet!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I went from having exact periods before I had my son, could tell you that I would be starting in an hour lol go put on a pad and it be there an hour later. After the birth of my son, it still comes on the same day but every once in awhile it would be 2-3 days late. I can't tell when im ever going to get it anymore like i used to. Hormones from pregnancy really do mess people up and breast feeding as well. It could be normal for you now to miss a month every so often. Mine are still messed up and my son is a year old already and I didn't have hormones from bfing in me because I didn't
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• you didn't mention which type of bc you are using. Stress can stop a period as can hormones but you already know that last one. Mine didn't come back regular for a long time. I actually went ten years without a period until some stupid doctor decided to give me a d & c and "fix" things I didn't really want fixed! I was fine without periods but now have them back and now that I'm menopause age the periods are regular! Imagine that! I would just relax to get rid of any stress that may be causing the problem. If you are pregnant then you can't do anything about it right now so wait until you get paid and get the test. However, if you have a Dollar Tree, they have them for a buck and maybe a friend will lend you a dollar for it.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• im not on BC because my insurance dropped us. which is why im scared. does anyone have advice on where to get free or really cheap BC besides condoms (which we use anyway, just want to be double safe!haha)
    thanks everyone. I am a little more relaxed now.
    honeybee429

Answer by honeybee429 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Try your local health dept. most have a family planning and base payment on your income, most are very low cost or no cost. They offer alot of different types of BC
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• the local health department goes by ur income or donations or if u dnt have the money they will just give it to u
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Hmm! Well... I started off with NO period before I got pregnant with my son. Afterwards - I got my periods back starting July 23 - my son was born in June. And it was every other month. Odd months. September, November...January... It was RIGHT on - practically. 23 - all the way until the 3-4. But my January never showed up. And has never showed up - pregnant again. xD
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2009