What makes you special?

What do you do to know or feel like a good mom or stepmom? If you are an unhappy step mom please do not bash your stepchildren in your answers, that breaks my heart.

RedBlaze

Asked by RedBlaze at 2:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I stop whatever I am doing if my 3 y/o comes to me with a book and asks me to read to him. I love on my little ones when they wake up, it's called "mommy love" time. I listen when my teens (stepkids) talk, I laugh with them, and I always try to explain things to them not just expect them to do it my way just bc. I love to cook and bake for my family. I love to do crafts with my kids. Or make things for them. I love to make plans with my family. They mean the world to me and I always want them to know that!!!!
    RedBlaze

Answer by RedBlaze at 2:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My daughter fights sleep at night, but in the morning when I wake her up, she just wants to crawl back into bed. She's going to be a night owl like mommy. It's cute. She'll wake up and look at me, then jump back in bed and say "more sleep - night night mommy" (she's 2)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I don't do anything to know or feel like I'm a good mom - it's my son that makes me feel special. It's his response to me and to the world in general that let's me know I'm doing a good job.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009