Does anbody have psoriasis? Or know someone who does.

My little girl is 6 and we just found put in May that she has it. She has seen 3 drs already. Just want to know what you do to help it.

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 2:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Health

• My hubby was diagnosed with it about 6 months ago. His is just on the knuckles of his hand and it's not too bad. He uses Psoriasin, an OTC cream or ointment for it. It has helped fade it a bit and it's not as itchy.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My sister has it. It developed when she was a teenager and was really bad, due to hormones raging - she had some medicines but it was 20 years ago. Now that she's older, it calmed down a lot and is barely noticeable but has developed into psoriatic arthritis, which she takes embrel for. Sorry I can't be more help, but I'm sure they have better stuff out now than they did back then.

Answer by missanc at 2:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Sunshine helps, although there are the obvious risks. There are numerous and expensive treatments.  It is often misdiagnosed, pitting in the nails is an obvious sign.  This is a great site.

http://www.psoriasis.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=798

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009