OUCH Mirena IUD!!!

Okay, so I got the stupid Mirena IUD and so far so good except every now and then the strings would pinch, especially when I would try to sit down. I end up looking really funny sitting sideways or leaning back so the "strings" (frickin' nylon w ires!!!) won't hurt me. I went back today and had the strings trimmed and they're pinching even worse than before!!!!! What is up with that? Anyone else have/had this problem? Will it go away??

laadeedah

Asked by laadeedah at 2:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Health

• I did for a lil bit until they get pushed up and tucked away by hubby! lol, it gets better
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• no i didnt have that problem. i never even felt mine. maybe your strings need to be cut shorter than what they are now. i had a friend whohad to have hers cut EXTREMLY short because her husband could feel them and it hurt him. so maybe you just needto go back in. but theyshouldnt be hurting you.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i didnt feel them at all actually. the only time i even knew what they felt like was when she told me to do a "personal" inspection after four weeks to see if i could feel them.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my doctor trimmed the strings/wires and it never bothered me again till i got it out.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 3:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I never had that at all. Call the dr. to have the strings trimmed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Aug. 8, 2009