sex and labor

someone had told me that seamen can get you to go into early labor i found it kinda hard to believe but i'm curios. my husband likes the fact he can because i' can't get pregnant on top of being pregnant lol i'm 32 weeks prego i was just wandering if that was true or not

suckedintolife

Asked by suckedintolife at 2:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes - it can.
    I was told by my nurses and my OB's to not have sex until my baby was born, which was a few weeks. I was in the midst of preterm labor - and they told me that the properties in semen were the same "chemicals" used to induce labor.
    If you're not in preterm labor - don't worry about it. Your OB will give you the "no" if he/she is worried that you will go into early labor.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• sex is safe if your doctor tells you it is. toward the end of pregnancy, if your body is otherwise "ready" to give birth, then semen can give your cervix a gentle nudge in the right direction.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Semen contains prostalgladins, which would help ripen the cervix. But it shouldn't make you go into labor early, like laadeedah said, just a gentle nudge when the time is right. :)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 2:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• It worked for me. That and a plate of cold meatloaf ! lol ~
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2009