Will you pay for Fox News content online?

Rupert Murdoch has announced that Fox is going to start charging for all of its online content. This will affect the cable network and all Fox owned and operated stations. I wouldn't be surprised if he also requires that of Fox affiliates as well, just as he made local news a condition of affiliation.

More info: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10304575-93.html

Asked by gdiamante at 2:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would never pay to listen to FOX, nor could they pay me enough to listen to them. So yeah, good luck with that Mr. Murdoch. I get my news from reputable news papers across the country on line for free and find a more balanced reporting than Fox, who seems to cater to the right wing.
    wearygram

Answer by wearygram at 4:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I would pay not to listen to the people on FOX
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I would definitely pay to get FOX NEWS. They're the only breath of fresh air and honest reporting left in America!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Hell no. I would pay for them to stop spreading lies :)

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 2:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• LOL...Good Luck Fox News!!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Folks, that was a serious question. One of the problems for the broadcast industry has been the free availability of content online. This could even the playing field. And I'm certain that's part of what Mr. Murdoch is thinking. "My station's can't beat 'em so I'm going to change the rules."

Answer by gdiamante at 3:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• you couldn't pay me to go for them to news.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 3:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• We have removed at least one answer from this question. Moms are looking for responses from other members that address the question they have asked. Please don't post judgmental or rude answers. They're not appreciated and will be removed by the CafeMom Team.

//The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 3:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Not ever...
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 3:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I wonder... If one pays for News at Fox, might they then be exempt from any variation of the Fairness Doctrine? We pay for XM, and as of the last Fairness Doctrine Debate ,XM radio would NOT have to follow any mandates. I wonder...... If the Fairness Doctrine were to be set in place AND by Fox were to become a pay-for service(making it exempt)~ I would have no problem paying for it.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009