can you feel your cervix?

ok my sister says that you can feel it when your baby hits your cervix during pregnancy and also that you can feel it when your cervix dialates! but i dont believe it...anyone felt this,if so what does it feel like when your cervix dialates/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i felt my baby kick and press against my cervix many times.
    but, i wasn't very "in tuned" w/ my body. so, i wasn't looking for any signs that my body was dilating.
    but, many women can tell when they dilate.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• If she meant physically feel it with your finger, yes you can feel it start to dialate. You really shouldn't try because your hands are germy and if your water has popped do NOT stick your fingers up there. But when I take a shower I clean very well in there and I can feel it. I've had the baby kick my cervix too and it sucks. It doesn't hurt it's just a really awkward feeling. She likes to do it when I'm cooking. You'll know when you get kicked there because it's one of the only places on the inside you can feel getting kicked, besides ribs and stuff.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 2:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my little boy loves to ram his head into my cervix and it is painful.lol. i have heard that alot of pinching pain that lingers can be ur cervix dilateing. im not too sure its just what ive heard.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I can feel when I'm dilating and when my baby pushes up against it. It almost feels like that pain you feel when you're having sex and your partner goes in too deep.... but it doesn't just last a second.... it's kind of sharp and lingering
    ewww makes me kegel to think about it
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 5:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2009