Make Up

my step daugter is starting to want to wear make up!but i dont want her to becuase shes only 7!i do her hair and make up sometimes but i never let her wear it out!i love make up but id do anything to get her out of this stage until shes atleast 12 thats when i started wearinf make up!should i stop wearing make up for a while becuase when my son is playing video games she comes in my room to watch disney and she sees me do my make up and hair when shes watching tv becuase i have a small room and theres my bed,then when you first walk in ull see my tv and right next to it is my computer and next to the tv and bean bag chair that she ussally sits in like a few steps away from it is my little tabel where i do my make up and hair!and shes in my room everyday ever since i talked to her and she satrted likeing me!what should i do?

JessiAndMyAnty

Asked by JessiAndMyAnty at 2:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my 2 year old always wants to wear lip gloss. i mean gloss is ok but like foundation and blush and mascara noooo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think at this age it's okay to play with it but it's not okay to wear it out, like you said. Make her wait until she's 12. Don't budge and don't feel bad about it.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I agree with laadeedah. I have a stepdaughter who is also 7 and when she's with us she wants makeup. We bought her the "kids" make up for her to play around with but it's in house only and if we are going anywhere she has to take it off. You can't even really tell that she has it on either because it is so light. But I agree with you on waiting.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• playing at home -- awesome nornal.
    Wearing it to go out -- nope. And for me I think i'm holding out for 14/15 b/f I'll let her go out other than a VERY special occasion.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• nope not out !!! way way to young. we let my 6year old wear chapstick with alittle gloss but thats it
    Dawn2plus1

Answer by Dawn2plus1 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2009