Renewing Vows

Okay so my hubby screwed up but we're getting that fixed and everything. But he wants to renew our vows and I'm all for that but I just don't know what to do for it. Is it like a second wedding just smaller? Do you have a cake? Does a priest (or whomever) do the ceremony? Do we get new rings for each other? do I have to wear a white dress? lol sorry any advice would be great!!

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 2:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I have seen it done both ways. Real elaborate just like a big second wedding. But also just like a backyard picnic and that is part of it. Both of them did have Pastor there do do the ceremony so I would say get a Priest. But what you want to do is totally up to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I have seen people go on a trip or cruise and renew vows there. It is really just for you and a few close family members if you wish. I personally would like to go on a trip and make it just between the 2 of us.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• it's all about what you want

Answer by admckenzie at 3:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• it can be done however you want to do it you clearly dont have to worry about a marriage license this time lol but its what ever you want it to be my husband and i ran away and got married now we are doing a big wedding/vow renewal less then a year later lol our families were pretty upset they werent there and although i would have married him in the car on the way to the bar oh wait thats how we did it lmfao i know to me the wedding part is a blink of the eye compared to a lifetime together it wasnt a real big deal to me but im also the type i dont need a peice of paper to tell me i love someone ya know?
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:36 AM on Aug. 8, 2009