Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Consuling-Also Another Quistion-How Can I Tell My Kids!?

my son has mental disorders and he needs consuling but its the same consuler i had when i was a kid and i really dont want her to ever tell him about what happened to me.and when i was a kid i wouldnt have the gut to say this on the internet or to anyone but now im gonning to so that you can try and understand my concern i was raped and when i found out i had Chlamydia i cut myself on school proberty.and i really dont want the consuler to tell my kids sure she wont.but at the same time im scared she will!another thing.can kids get chlamudia at birth?and if so how do i tell my kids?

Answer Question

Asked by JessiAndMyAnty at 2:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • The counselor will never say a word. Legally she CANNOT. If she did you could sue her butt off and she knows it.

    Answer by gdiamante at 3:19 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

  • I would discuss your concerns with the counselor. She should be able to provide you with the laws and ethics she follows. In most cases you are protected by privacy laws. However, there are instances where those laws and ethics don't apply.

    Answer by lvpenguino at 3:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

  • Easy solution...find a new counselor.

    Legally, she can't say anything. Unless YOU say something, your kid won't even know you ever saw this counselor.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.