is this labor oncoming? plz really need some advice

i have alot of pressure feeling all over my stomach all morning, it comes and goes about every 10 minuets and my back feels kinda tightish but tingly..if that makes any sense.i also been having alot of vaginal pain & i have been losing piece after piece of my mucus plug for the last two days. i know im already dilated to 3.5 and about 40% effaced. im 38 weeks today, so do you think its gettin closer? or im in the first part of it yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well the second stage starts at 7 cm, and you could very well be getting close to that stage. Almost hospital time I'd say. As soon as the contractions are bad enough that you can't stand or talk through them for an hour, head to the hospital.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 3:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• well you could be having prodromal labor. truth to tell I went in to labor on and off for weeks. Then at 40 weeks EXACTLY my baby was born. I feel that all that on and off labor really got my body ready because the day I had her was an easy birth! very little pain...mostly just intensity!
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 4:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• it sounds like you could be, or it could be a few more weeks. hang in there and good luck! sorry i am sure you hate to hear that.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2009