What would you do?

My MIL watches both of my children ages 3.5 and 2 M-F for free-because she asked too while I was pregnant with #1-and two weeks ago she wanted to go to a Bible Study so she asked if they could go to preschool. They have gone off and on (mostly off) for a year. I said sure no problem. She then told me "I will pay for it because I wanted to do this." So I got the bill this week and it is $55. I gave it to her and she told me that she is not paying that much for daycare.
Um -K- but she said she would. So do I insist, or just pay it and not cause a rift between the DH because he is THE biggest momma's boy. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I guess she didn't realize how expensive childcare is. I'd see if she'd be willing to pay half and if not then I'd just pay it. Afterall she has kept your children for free for several years.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Just mention to your DH that you must have misunderstood your MIL. Then pay the bill.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Personally, I probably wouldn't haven't have given her the bill in the first place. But regardless she said she'd pay it so maybe she should have thought about that first. Considering she didn't, I think I'd pay it but keep the situation in mind in the future!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• In a perfect world when someone says they are going to pay for something, they should. But since this is your MIL and anything that goes bad with an MIL you'll pay for, especially with your DH since he's a mama's boy, you'll probably end up just paying it. I would not say it was a misunderstanding though. All that does is leave the door open for more of the same. I'm married to a mama's boy too and they will always be first but that doesn't mean you have to pretend you didn't understand what she meant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Pay it you would have had to if she wasnt watching your kids for free anyways.... SHe neserves a day off..
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 3:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009