WOULDN'T IT BE MORE EFFECTIVE TO TREAT SOMEONE WITH KINDNESS TO GET THEM TO SEE YOUR FAITH AS SOMETHING POSITIVE?

THE AMOUNT OF OF DEGRADING THAT GOES ON WITH A SMALL FRACTION OF CHRISTIANS IS REALLY NOT CONDUSIVE TO SPREADING THE GOSPEL, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

Asked by older at 3:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • To answer your question older...yes, I think respect and kindness would be a more effective route. :-)
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 6:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• yes it is
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• It's always the minority that get heard the most. The majority are not mean, nasty, hypocritcal people. Most people in general are good hearted people but you only hear about the bad. The same goes with Christians, Muslims, Jewish, etc.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Some people are more interested in getting attention. The would would be a better place if everyone stopped giving it to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• "Even now when I read what some "Christians" write on CM I wonder why I bother holding on to that religion at all."

See, some of the Christians on here need to read your reply. THIS is what constant preaching and threats of hell does!
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• "We do what the gospel says... heal the sick , raise the dead ect."

Shaneagle that is so cool. See that is what I think Christianity should be. ^_^

Besides, it hurts when you hit people on the head with a Bible... especially my grandmother's, that thing is huge and it's hardback! ; ) If I tried that I may knock someone unconscious... or worse. Yikes. Sorry... bad joke... not funny. I'll shut up now and cut back on my caffeine.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Paul says in Hebrews that "solid food is for the mature." It has dual meaning in this thread. First, to answer the OP's question, we should treat those who do not yet know God's love with kindness and heavier and deeper topics come once they have the Holy Spirit to help them learn and discern.

second, that we shouldn't feed our wisdom to those who cannot handle it. SELF-CONTROL ladies! :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• shaneagel the sheep are in reference to all mankind. Jesus went to seek the LOST sheep, not the sheep that werealready safe and secure. as usual your replies show how little you know. you really do a lot of damage with your bad information. silence would be wise.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• John 10:4 "When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.
    John 10:14 "I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me,

John 10:16 "I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 3:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• MEANINGLESS REFERENCE.

Answer by older at 3:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2009