is it okay

i'm 25 weeks and today my bby grl is not moving very much is this okay

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, they have on and off days just like we do. If you eat something healthy and relax for an hour or two she might start kickin. They usually fall asleep when we're really active and sometimes they're kicking us but because we're moving around so much we don't notice.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 3:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yep, it's okay though I'm sure you're anxious for your baby to kick. It's a little premature for kick counts. But if you're really concerned you might as well try it. Drink a cold glass of water or eat a small nutritious snack and go lay down with your hands on your belly. If you feel your baby move less than 4 x in 1 hr or 10 x in 2 hrs go ahead and call your doctor just for piece of mind.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 3:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• its normal they are getting very big and there is not much room for them to move but if you really want her to move try to put a flashlight to the belly that always made my lil man move... if you feel something is wrong call the doctor just to be safe
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 3:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• if you're worried, the doctor/midwife can do monitoring for a couple of hours to ease your mind.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i was always worried about that. i got myself so worked up that i called my dr and they had me sit there for a NST just to make me feel better. maybe the baby is moving more when you are sleeping and you just don't notice it. I was also told that they have days where they are more active than others.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2009