Can I get pregnant even if I have a tampon in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's highly unlikely the timing would work, then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Maybe I'm totally ignorant of the female body, but having sex with a tampon in?!?!?!?! I hope it has an EXTRA LONG string!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i agree with anon 3:14...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• lol this person is not serious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• lol
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• are you serious that sounds really stupid do you put on on you botty hole to
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• his c0ck must have been pretty tiny
    lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'll answer this question since NO ONE ELSE took it seriously. yes, you can get pregnant with a tampon in. You are just as likely to get pregnant with a tampon in as when you don't have one in. Tampons are NOT an effective form of birth control. Having sex with a tampon in would probably be very uncomfortable, and you risk having the tampon impacted and difficult to remove. To prevent pregnancy, you must keep the sperm from entering your body using a barrier method (i.e., condoms, diaphragm or cervical cap AND spermicide) or prevent ovulation using hormonal birth control. Only condoms and NOT having sex are likely to keep you from getting a disease though.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• OK....maybe I should have taken this more serious. Didn't realize she was using the tampon as birth control.

But I would be REALLY concerned about the tampon being pushed too far up to retrieve it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Why would you have sex with a tampon in? hm...

Well, I'd say yes. You can still get pregnant if you have a tampon in. it's not an effective BC method.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 4:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2009