Does your SO/DH recognize your mom's birthday at all?

Just curious. I get my MIL something for her birthday every year, or atleast a quick call to say Happy Birthday. We have a much closer relationship compared to my mom and husband, though. I'm unsure what, if anything, he's going to do for her birthday this year.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope. My DH and my mother do not speak and cannot stand to look at each other....makes for awkward holidays!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 3:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'd be happy if my husband thought of anyone's birthday! It's pretty much my job to take care of those things for both of our families.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My mom's dead. My husband doesn't even acknowledge his own mother's birthday. It was last Wed. and the only reason he talked to her was because his sister called him and made him talk. I told him 3 times that day to call his mother and he refused. He's a jerk. She fell and broke her arm a couple days after that and I got a call and text from his sister begging me to get him on the phone...he refused.
    Then again, my husband barely recognizes my birthday or the kids' birthdays. He doesn't like holidays of any kind and if I wasn't here to do stuff for the kids he wouldn't get them anything (cards, gifts, cake, etc...he just doesn't care).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My mom is dead so I don't expect him to acknowledge it. As long as I do, that's all that matters.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yes, if I mention that it's my mother's bday my husband will call her or send an email.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 4:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009