I got my son off of medicaid...

I am not bashing people on the PA system. I believe in asking for help when in need. I bought health insurance for my son and everyone kept saying how I should not have gotten on medicaid since it was 'free healthcare.' For the first time ever, a lady I do parenting classes with applauded me for getting my son off the system. I just wanted to throw that out there since I'm happy to say I'm providing for my son the best I can.

Thank you for reading this pointless post...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it is awsome u felt a resposiblity to use when u needed it and got off when u could. That is what the system is set up to do. Use it when in need but try and provide for your self when able. I was on it when my baby at first and then my husband put her on his insurance. People need to quit being so defensive about it. She didnt say any thing negative about people who are on it!
    bubbaelea22

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Me and my daughter are on Medicaid....and guess what? I'm proud of myself for having the balls to ask for the help I needed when my husband split...and I don't rightly give a flying F about what anyone thinks of "free healthcare".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Like I said, I had him on medicaid in the beginning and I'm not ashamed that I ever was. I wasn't doing it to 'mooch.' I did it because I simply needed it since my health insurance didn't cover my meternity visits and I was in school and VERY pregnant so no one would hire me for anything. No shame in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Congrats on getting off the medicaid though, for sure! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009