I need to vent my husband don't care

Whenever i try to talk to my husband about the way the kids were today or my sister issues or anything that's on my mind he gets mad at me for venting, he says that i try to upset him by making him feel like crap, when all i'm really doing is venting, it's like i want him to know what i go through each day and he doesn't even care! then gets mad at me and makes me feel even worse. do you understand this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I understand what you're saying but from someone who's been there, don't do this to him all the time because no one wants to come home and have to listen to a lot of negativity.
    When you need to vent, do it here, do it on paper, call your best friend, but don't hit him with it all the time, men just don't like it and it's kinda annoying. A different approach would help.
    Instead of "Those kids of yours spilled milk/juice all over the sofa this morning right after I just done finished steam cleaning it from the jelly they'd used for art work this morning and you need to do something about it!". (yea, been there on that one, all but the you better do something about it part). Instead say "I don't know what to do when the kids.... what do you think might work?"
    It's all in presentation most of the time. My hubby says he doesn't need to hear everyone else's problems because he's got enough of his and his friends/family.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Why would you want to vent the bad things to him about your day? I wouldn't want to hear how bad your day was or how pissed off you've been...Handle the kids...don't allow your sister to get the best of you...you are allowing the negative things in your life affect your marriage...think on the positive and watch things improve...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I vent to dh all the time, but I also tell him that I'm doing just that so he doesn't fell like he needs to fix the problem(s).
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 3:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yes.. Kick Boxing/Spin Class four days a week
    Polo66

Answer by Polo66 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Good thing we're here for you then so you can vent here and not bother him with it.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• are we married to the same man:
    he can vent all he wants..& he does. He complains about his friend, family, job, schooling etc. ..yet if i bring up ONE flipping thing I'm too negative.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Oh wow. I honestly have to wonder what kind of relationship that is?? At least you have other people telling you that you're not alone in that situation. If your DH is going to be so rude about it just dont even bother! We are here for you if you need to vent :)
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yep, believe it our not, our DH's go to work all day and don't want to come home & hear "a soap opera" when they get home. It would be one thing if the soap opera involved their favorite football player, Nascar driver, and wrestler, but when the biggest news you've got involved your sister,....Well, it just misses the mark! LOL! But I know what you mean. It's NOT that he doesn't care, (well, yea it is.) My DH does listen to my stories about little one & myself, but that's who he cares about the most. Don't take it personally, tell us about your woes, LOL!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I vent to my husband and he listens and cares about what I have to say. Your husband is rude for not listening to you (his wife)!! He needs to grow up. Obviously he doesn't care about your day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I say suck it up and save positive things for him... Guys are fixers. If they hear problems, they want to figure out a way to fix them. Its really annoying, but that's how they are.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009