How are they NOT listening?

Aug. 7 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama may accept nonprofit health-insurance cooperatives in place of a new government-run plan as long as consumers are guaranteed more choice and competition in buying insurance, a top aide said.

"We would be interested in that" if those conditions are met, Nancy-Ann DeParle, director of the White House Office of Health Reform, said in an interview with Bloomberg Television’s "Conversations with Judy Woodruff" airing today.

DeParle said she expected Congress to pass health-care legislation on a bipartisan vote "around Thanksgiving."

Each house of Congress has already missed the president’s deadline of passing a version of health-care legislation by its August recess. Obama says he wants to sign a bill before year’s end.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/abkmhxiginmm

They are listening and negotiating...

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 4:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• According to my letter from my state senator.........they are charging ahead with what they the Dem's.....want straight from the can......

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 4:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• umm, no they aren't! Single payer isn't even on the table anymore...You are misinformed
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• They will still try to pass the same crap that obama wants and just call it something different. What a waste.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

You too are misinformed, they are NOT even debating Single Payer anymore...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• You know, I saw all this coming last March when the Insurance company I worked for sold out. Great West Healthcare was bought out by Cigna, but GWH was based in Canada.

Even the Canadians (who have the centralized HC system) knew Obama's stance and wanted out of the states!

And believe me, I'm not the only one who lost their job! One of 1000's!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• sweet please see my letter from my senator....maybe that will help.....its in my journal.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 4:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• We have trash for a president. He doesn't abide by any rules but his own.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I have seen changes to the bill almost every hour I see something removed and replaced..It maybe reworded but still means the same! If they are negotiating then they should throw out that bill and START OVER!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think what is lost here is in the verbage. It shouldn't be "we would be interested" or "they will take it into consideration". This isn't about parties getting what they want. This is about the citizens of our country. We have a bunch of spoiled, brat children pitching fits if "they don't get their way". It's not about THEM. It's about ME, and YOU, and my kids, and yours. I could care less what BO wants because I think it has become a battle of the wills. The democratic representatives only want it in their column and the republican representatives only want it in their's and who is looking out for ours? It's obvious it's not the people we all hired to.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• If we get a health plan proposal which does NOT involve 53 gov't bureaucracies; keeps Americans' payments going to PRIVATE companies ( does NOT involve sending ANY money to the gov't ), then that would be a significant improvement to the bill which was posted on the House of Representatives' website.

But if it fails to address putting common sense in the malpractice lawsuits, then it will fail to fix very much about the sky-rocketing costs.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009