I am 21 weeks preg. Last night and today I have been having a pain in my left leg. Its not that painful but it make me limp. think the baby is on some nerve? just curious. anyone else experience this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes at the end of my pregnancy. My son was wedged in my hips and laid on both nerves to my legs. For the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy I felt like both legs were asleep. Very hard to walk.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yep its normal i get it all the time, that and leg cramps at night when im sleeping.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i had something close to that
    i called nurse at obgyn office
    she told me a yoga pose and it worked great
    call your doc first
    she told me to get on all fours, i did this on the bed
    stick your butt up and put your head and shoulders down
    forgot what she called it
    my hip.lower back pain was gone in 24 hours
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• lol yess. i just had that happen to me the other night. i'm 32 weeks. felt like something stabbing through my leg and made me limp a bit and then it went away. it comes and goes. depends on where baby is laying.
    javila

Answer by javila at 4:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• It sounds like your sciatic nerve
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• get yourself to the chiropractor
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 4:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I believe it is sciatica. . . that is where your sciatic nerve gets pinched usually because it becomes inflamed. My doc gave me some exercises, suggested a preggy support and reminded me to drink a lot of water because too much salt and dehydration can cause the inflammation to be worse. Also, I try to lay on the opposite side at night, the heating pad or a microwave rice bag can help. Tylenol can also help.

Here is a link to some more info. . .http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/preg_sciatica.htm

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• sounds like sciatica to me. it's a pain in the.. well butt all the way down.. one of the many joys of pregnancy lol
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 5:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I still have that problem 4 years later - it started when I was pregnant with my daughter... 4 years later, it still happens every once in a while :) Good luck :)
    AnnaAndCalebsMa

Answer by AnnaAndCalebsMa at 5:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2009