How do I learn to shop with coupons? You know like double coupons and stuff like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Shopping

• check the online flyers for the stores where you shop. They advertise double coupon days

Answer by admckenzie at 4:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• You can't just buy items because they have coupons. You need to plan meals and base your grocery list on the foods that you need to prepare all of the snacks and meals for your family.

Here is an article that I wrote on saving money at the grocery store

Answer by rkoloms at 4:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Google it online, I know there are places that notify you about double days and things like that.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• You can also check out this link. It has a lot of grocery store lists that direct you to the weekly ads: http://www.grocerysavingtips.com/grocerystores.htm

I just started using the link, but think its pretty good. I make a list from each store of the things I need and are on sale. I don't just buy things because its a good sale. I have to use it regularly. And for meats/chicken I stock up when they do go on sale. I freeze them.
    Jeckers

Answer by Jeckers at 4:03 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• afullcup.com would be a great place to start - they have articles on how to get started and forums for indivdual stores - just look for the stores in your areas and they will tell you how to match up weekly sales with the available coupons - i have learned how to get many items for free using this site
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• What I do is I check the sales fliers for what meats and fresh vegetables are on sale, then plan meals using those things and what I already have on hand. Then make your complete grocery list of everything you will need for those meals. Buy your Sunday paper, then go through the coupons sections and clip out any for products that you have on your list. Don't forget coupons for items like laundry detergent, dishwashing liquid, and personal items like shampoos, deodorants, etc. You can then check with the store you plan on shopping at to see if they have a double or even triple coupon day, and do your shopping on that day. Just don't forget your coupons like I normally do! Grocery stores in my area don't do double or triple coupons, but I still save $15-$20 per big shopping trip.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I am sort of a newbie at the whole bargain shopping thing.

With coupons, just remember just because you ahve a coupon doesn't always mean its going to be the best deal, sometimes even with a coupon another brand may be a better deal etc.

If you read the ads, and have coupns that coordinate with sales, huge bonus, especially if it is double or triple coupon day.

There are times also, say for example for me, I get checks for my baby's formula from the company. They are usually like 5 dollars off. I also get coupons from the paper, for the same thing.
    Neither one has an issue with them being used together, so I use them at the same time and it saves me like 7 bucks on the formula alone.
    Sometimes other companies run coupon offers like that as well, and you can use them with an ad coupon.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Learning how to shop with coupons can be hard at first, however joining a group that revolves around coupons and sales, asking questions, and going out and just trying it is a great start!
    I'd like to invite you to join Baby/Toddler coupons! A group for moms of babies, toddlers, or older kids who use coupons. A place to share coupons, find HOT deals, and save money with other moms like you! Hope to see you there!
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/30682
    We have a new contest going on now... enter to win a bunch of coupons!
    asil

Answer by asil at 5:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2009