My baby starts preschool this year

My little guy will be starting preschool this year. He'll be 5 next month, and he's ready for Kindergarten, but our town has a strict cut off date policy and he misses it by 16 days! Gr! Anyway, he'll be doing headstart for 3 hrs a day Tues thru Fri. A much needed break for both of us. He's finishing up summer camp today. After 3 weeks, all day! Nice break! LOL! Anyway, do I have to get supplies for preschool? Stupid question I know! LOL

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 4:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Actually it's not a stupid question, I used to be amazed at the supplies that my DD was required to bring to school.
    I'd think your best bet would be to either contact the school, or wait til the day you register him, they should have a list of things he may need, if he needs anything.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• you'll probably need supplies but they should give you a list of what he needs. a backpack will probably be on the list, so he has something to take his work/school notes home with. and any "homework" back in. but otherwise i'm really not sure b/c each school is different.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• 1) He's NOT a baby.
    2) He missed the cut off, so...lots of other kids did too.
    3) Call the office and find out what you might have to get. There's no way anyone here can tell you unless they have a kid going to the same school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• nice attitude Anyn 7:10! Way to reassure her!! Geesh!!

eah my BABY will also be starting preschool this year. And, yeah you'll probably need some basic school supplies. But your best bet it to ask the school what he'll need.

Don't worry... if he ends up being ahead of the game in higher grade they will push him ahead . But Boys that miss the cut off usually do well starting a when they do ... that's why they have it set up that way.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Reassure her about what? She called her 5 year old a baby and wants to know about school supplies! She needs to call the school. That's it.

She's mad they won't let him start early. Okay...I'm mad mine has to wait an extra year because of his birthday too. He's already doing kindergarten work and has to do a year of preschool first. She is not the only one who has ever had to hold a kid back because of a birthday!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Anyn 8:23: Just because she has questions YOU dont' have to be a jerk about it!! My mother still calls me her baby... most mothers feel that way about their kids. It's a loving expression. Maybe this is her first experience with a school system. Not every one is a all knowing as you are. Try a little more compassion & a little less anger and you might not be so bitter about life!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My Baby just turned 3 and will be starting headstart. For preschool they might need a few things. I know with my daughters headstart they don't but every school is different.
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• anonymous 8:23 whats your problem. So what if she calls her kid her baby. I call my daughter my baby and I just had one. To some parents there kids will always be there babies.
    Nicole_2007

Answer by Nicole_2007 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2009