Tax credits for pets, not humans??

U.S. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter, has introduced legislation to create a tax deduction for pet owners’ expenses related to their pets.

According to the pet industry trade magazine, Pet Product News, McCotter, a Livonia Republican, introduced the legislation July 31 in conjunction with a Pet Product News survey on the industry.

The legislation is being supported by the lobbying arm of the pet industry, the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council (PIJAC).

According to the PPN story, the proposed legislation will amend the IRS code to allow pet owners to deduct up to $3,500 in pet related expenses, including veterinary care.

Meanwhile, McCotter, who opposes legislation to create national health care reform, has alleged that the Democratic National Committee is planning to protest at his offices.

http://michiganmessenger.com/24441/mccotter-wants-tax-deduction-for-pet-care-expenses

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 4:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yipee! Does that apply to my imaginary pets, Air Puddin' and Wind Sauce? Dumb shits!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• ok sweet...heres the deal..they are ALLLLLLLLL being stupid. Ya got that. Can YOU admit that?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yes they are all corrupt corporate drones every single last one of them.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 5:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Ok, so let's allow MORE benefits to the racehorse breeders! So anytime they get a slow poke or an injured mess, they can have all sorts of tests performed and they can collect their benefits and sell the horse to the next guy to collect on!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

Yes, can YOU and your crew?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• HAHAHAHAHA...ARe you kidding me? I JUST SAID They are AALLLLLLLL being stupid. I just said it, YOU quoted it......so yes. Yes I can. That make it easy for you...jesus...maybe thats why you don't hear us when we talk......

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Oh..and most of my "crew" says OVER AND OVER...get em ALL out!!!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• mom...am I part of your "crew?!" Pretty please???!?!? LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• That is rather absurd!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yes, can YOU and your crew?

When will you get it, this guy, Mark Sanford, Michelle Bachman, Susan Collins, Hell even BUSH, etc..... There you go AGAIN with the Lump Assumption... That gives me an idea for a nick name for you....  But I will keep it confined to my posse err wait it is "crew" today, isn't it... :o)

Look back at my past comment (as with most of mom's "crew" comments) I don't care for ANYONE who is not FISCALLY Conservative, AND RESPONSIBLE... Credits for pets is NEITHER!!!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2009