Where should I put this new baby?

AT our house we have two rooms upstairs my husband and me in one and my stepson(6) in the other one. I know when the baby first comes home she will be in my room but after that what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How many rooms are down stairs?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Definitely have them switch rooms. The baby needs to be closer to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• how big is stepson's room? It wouldn't be hard to put a divider up and make it into two rooms... but like anon said, how many are down stairs???
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 4:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• When your baby is old enough to sleep in a room alone. Put the step som down stairs and put your baby in the room up stairs with you.

Answer by louise2 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My child has been in her own room since the second she came home. It will be easier on you, however, if you do not have to trek all over the house when the baby is up all hours of the night, so you will want him or her closer to you. Your stepson will be okay downstairs. He may like having more privacy, and he will not keep getting woken up by a crying baby. Just make sure that both of you still pick special time to spend with your stepson so he doesn't feel left out.
    MontessoriMo226

Answer by MontessoriMo226 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• You have no idea how I can relate to this..except my situation is that my bfs kids are only here every other weekend..and they still need their own room according to him (we also just have 2 rooms). I'm not going to win this battle, which I think is ridiculous..so when the baby gets big enough we are going to get bunk beds and just put the crib in there as well.
    Do you have any little space that you can turn into the baby's space? Put up a curtain somewhere to section off a small area for a mini bedroom maybe? I can't tell by your post if you have more rooms downstairs.. but maybe your stepson would like a room downstairs. I know I would have liked a room away like that..lol. Good luck!!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• there is no room downstairs and plus he wouldn't like it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009