is this babbling?

My son is 7 months old and loves to growl and make noises like that. He doesn't say mama or dada but is starting to do the pow wow noise where you pat the mouth while he is making the growling noise. Would you say this is babbling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• From a speech therapy point of view - that is not babbling... babbling would have hard consonant sounds as well with more of a /m/, /b/, /p/, /d/, or /t/ sound :) HTH :)
    AnnaAndCalebsMa

Answer by AnnaAndCalebsMa at 5:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I don't think so, but my DD isn't start babbling until 9 months(about the time I started freaking out). :)
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 6:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• It doesn't sound right. I never heard any growling in babbies when babbleing before.lol but who knows maybe yours does.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 6:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• LMAO my baby growls, she actually babbles too, but sometimes it seems like she knows what you're saying about anything, and she'll make a noise that sounds like a valid response, or if she dont agree, she'll growl.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My daughter growled for a while. It's fine. She's eight months old now and is babbling and has quit the growling.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 4:32 AM on Aug. 8, 2009