any suggestions on getting my 5 month old to sleep thru the night

he goes to bed around 9pm and then will wake at 12:00 and then again at 5:00 to nurse.

wellsymom

Asked by wellsymom at 5:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 2 1/2 year old was breast fed and didn't sleep through the night until he was weaned...

suck it up and deal with it, you're a mommy now and baby comes first :) My 4 year old still doesn't sleep through the night and she was NOT breastfed :)

GL Mama :)
    AnnaAndCalebsMa

Answer by AnnaAndCalebsMa at 5:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• emily7707

Answer by emily7707 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• A five month old usually will not sleep throught the night, breastfed or formula, if u put rice cereal in a bottle or not. Waking up twice diring the night is good believe it or not. Most dont sleep through the night til after/or around a year old.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• At five months, he's doing really well. Sleeping through the night is merely five hours straight.

Most sleep training methods can't be used till six months minimum. And by that point you may well hit the five hour mark.

And to be really honest? They sleep longer when THEY are ready to. Sleep training just makes YOU feel like you're doing something.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• That's actually pretty good. My 5 year old just started sleeping 5 hrs. in a row. Sometimes she's really good and will go from 7pm-7am only waking up once. Other times, she's up 2 or 3 times to eat or cry or whatever, but she always goes right back to bed, so I think it's pretty normal for them to be getting up this much.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• HAHA, I have to agree with gdiamante: my three month old just decided actually two nights ago that if she goes to bed at like 9:30, she is going to sleep for about 7 hours.
    My SO and I didn't do anything differently, except freak out when we realized she didn't wake up at 12 like usual.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Sorry, I meant my 5 mos. old!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Vapor bath!!!... johnson and johnson. works wonders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2009