If your husband goes out to a orchestra concert with his brother's wife. Would you be jealous?

My husband went to visit his brother and his family 2300 miles away. I couldn't take the time off from work. I called to ask how's he doing. He told me he drove his brother's wife to Hollywood Bowl for an orchestra concert. His sister in law got the tickets from work and her husband had other plans that night. So my husband escorted her to the concert. When I heard that on the phone. My heart is pounding really fast. Why do I feel so jealous. How can I ease this bad feelings? I know it is okay but I still feel unease. Help..Help..Help..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't care at all if mine went with my SIL. Just like if I went somewhere with my sisters husband she wouldn't give a damn either. I trust my family.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Just think about it... It is your brothers wife, your sis-in-law! There are 2 tickets, your hubby's brother is doing something else, why should your hubby sit all by himself at the house when he can go to the concert??? If you were in his position would you sit at home when you got the chance to go to a concert for free???
    I am a jealous person too, but I think in this case there is nothing to be worried about!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 5:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think you're being paranoid and insecure. It's not liek she ditched her husband and your husband ditched you to go together. Was she supposed to leave him alone at the house while she went by herself?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I totally understand you, I wouldn't like my man going with any women, I trust my husband 100% I just don't trust the other women, but by trusting my man I know if any one tried something he would show them his ring, and besides he told you what he was doing and not sneaking around about it.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Why does it make you feel jealous that your sister-in-law and your dh went to the orchestra together? If your that insecure then put him on a leash and never let him go out without you...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 6:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• no I wouldn't be jealous of him taking her but I'd tell him that I expect him to show me the same kindness and spend time with me when he returns

Answer by admckenzie at 6:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Jealousy is a normal feeling. We all get it. I get it a lot! Just try to remind yourself that he would have been sitting all by himself if he hadn't gone. Why pass up a free concert right? Tell him how it made you feel though maybe you can both get a good laugh out of it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Think of her as a sister because that is what she basically is. If he had gone to the Hollywood Bowl with only his brother, you wouldn't have been jealous. Think of her as a proxy.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'd only be jealous if the concert was someone I'd want to see. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 7:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'm not sure how I would feel. It would depend on how well I knew her I guess.
    Jealousy is as normal feeling tho. He likely went to get his brother off of the hook.
    I'm pretty jealous too, so I prolly would've thrown a bit hissy fit and made the rest of his trip horrible, and that just couldn't be good. If he was sneaking around I'd be more worried but he felt comfortable enough to tell you, and his brother felt comfortable enough to let him go with her.
    You're normal, but just relax, take a few deep breaths and ask him if he enjoyed it enough to want to do it again with you.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2009