Gitmo detainees, Leavenworth or Michigan. Where do you think?

Where do you think will be the destination for the Gitmo detainees?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Somewhere in Leavenworth

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• After reading the pros and cons of both sites....

I think Leavenworth.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I don't see the problem with keeping them in CUBA!??!? They're enemy combatants, and not legal citizens of the USA. They don't GET rights, as far as I'm concerned.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I bet Leavenworth for the ones that they want to keep detained. but I read a lot of the ones released went back home and then broadcast on an Al Qaeda site how they are going to get revenge and ONE of those became chief of the Taliban's military committee! so Yeah. I hope they find a secure dark hole for them.

I think it was on CBS news
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Agree with Lori..are we still going to pay to have a courtroom put inside the prison for them? Makes no sense might as well keep them at Gitmo
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I don't know, Michigan's clearing out so we need to up the population some way.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Gitmo is already set up, why pay extra to move them to the states? Waste of money, IMO.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Most of them are innocent and were thrown in there because of racial profiling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• westboro babtist church
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• and fox news
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• That is probably true, Anon :45. There have been reports and articles about so many who have been put in Gitmo because they had a "similar" name as a terrorist . Many mix-ups and mistakes. That is just one of the things that make you get so angry with what happened during the last administration. I bet Cheney will answer for that some day. I hope he will,anyway. He is such a disgusting man.
    Anonymous