how do i get over him??

i recently broke up with my boyfriend (for very good reasons) and now i can't stop thinking about him.. it feels like something is missing. i want to just forget about him, but how can i do that??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Its understandable to feel that way when someone has been such a big part of your life. But I think that if you broke up with him and there was a good reason (cheating perhaps??) then you need to realize that its not him your missing its having that relationship with someone. I suggest you just try to remember you are worth more than how he was treating you and that might help you move on.

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• That will happen for a while. Time and staying busy will help. If you get stuck then read some books like Letting Go or How to Fall Out of Love. You might get them at the library or for a buck online. Easy reads and with exercises to help keep your mind off him

Answer by admckenzie at 6:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• First let me say I am proud of you, you obviously knew that it wasnt working and did something about it. I see so many women just tolerate bad behavior and being disrespected justto have a man in their lives. It does take time getting over someone you love. I say get rid of or put away the stuff that reminds ou of him or stuff he gave you. If you guys had a favorite hang out place or a place with to many memories avoid it for awhile. Start a list of all the reasons you are better off without him. Keep busy start a new hobby, join a club, take a class. Keep busy. Also know that you closed that door so something better could be available to you later on!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• when in bad times in your relationships your head thinks of the good times and you kind of forget the bad things.. sometimes its the opposite but what is a good way is thinking of the positives! you can now make decisions without having to go through the boyfriend i mean cuz in relationships if something is not ok with the other its not a good idea to do it or it will cause some problems! another thing is you can go out and meet new guy nobody says you have to right away look for another mr right but just have some fun get back on trck! anything to keep your mind on how better things are without him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009