Homemade pizza: Any tips or ideas?

I bought some pre-made crusts, pizza sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, and mozzarella cheese. I've never made homemade pizza before, so just in case it's not as simple as it sounds (LOL) anyone have any pointers?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 6:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I make it all the time! It is so easy. I use 4 packs of the Shawnee Mills crust because everyone in my family likes the thick crust. Mix up the crust and then stretch it out on a cookie sheet. Then put on your sauce and then toppings. Put your cheese on last. The bake! I hope it helps!!!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Homemade is soooo much better I think. I don't have any tips for you because you're not using pineapple :)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Frogbaby83: Is it better putting the toppings underneath the cheese rather than on top?

a and j momma: HAHA your punny : )
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Since you have pre-made crusts, you don't need to prebake them, which is what I'd do if I were making my own. Your ingredients sound really yummy. just put them on the crust, leave maybe a half-inch or inch of crust around the rim uncovered to allow for the fillings to spread, and bake according to the crust package directions. I'd add some dried oregano, but you'll probably want to wait to see how it all tastes before adding anything. Enjoy!

Answer by Bmat at 6:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Put the cheese on top. It lets it brown a bit. :)

• I buy pizza dough and stretch it out on a cookie sheet then take a small can of tomato souse buy pizza seasoning in bulk and mix the seasoning with the sauce spread that around on the dough then I put cheese, pepperoni, green peppers, onions sprinkle with cheese add pineapple and sprinkle with pizza seasoning and cook until done, everyone loves it, we stopped ordering pizza and make our own cuz it tastes so much better

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Put it under the broiler for a minute to brown it on top. Just watch closely it burns fast!
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Alright, thanks ladies!!! I added oregano, garlic and onion to the pizza sauce, and putting the toppings UNDER the cheese, and broiling for a minute or so. I'll let ya know how it is!! :-D
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I buy Boboli crusts and they say to bake at 450* for 20 minutes.

I put the pepperoni under the cheese and any veggies like peppers on top so they roast and get soft.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• If u like the crust crispy, bake it for 10 min. or so in a preheated oven / with a touch of spray oil, then put the topping on.
    joanne580

Answer by joanne580 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009