Did Obama really tell people to get in their face?

Obama: "I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face,” he said.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8571452

Didn't Obama Provoke people to stand up and speak up? Both sides? Why is he now trying to shut people up? Is it because things are not going his way? Anyone else think that seems childish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Didn't Obama Provoke people to stand up and speak up?
    Yes.

Both sides?
    No. Just those who believe eveerything that comes out of his mouth at face value.

Why is he now trying to shut people up?
    Because he's a hyprocrit.

Is it because things are not going his way?
    Yes.

Anyone else think that seems childish?
    Absolutely!

He's becoming quite the disorganized community organizer. ha ha ha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Obama doesn't like dissention when it is AGAINST him.. He prefers to lead the community to dissent.. Liberals are not used to Conservatives Protesting. Liberals can splatter blood all over their hands and face (code pink) or smack night sticks at voting booths (Black Panthers)... But Conservatives are not allowed to voice their frustration. Dissent appears to only be Patriotic when it is a liberal...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Thank You grly. Even Juan Williams (a lefty on Fox news...shocker I know to all of you who believe there are only right wingers over there) said that the Left taught this behavior and has been using it intently since the 60's and don't know what to do now that right is employing it. I mean REALLY, can anyone point to another time in RECENT history where there right has gotten out and protested like this? I mean, that ALONE should tell the administration something!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yep great point momof
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Are you really surprised? Ever hear of ACORN? Where did BO get his "community organizer" credentials from? You guessed it - ACORN! Of course he told people to go "get in their face". That's is the tactic he knows best.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• http://www.arcamax.com/newspics/9/948/94853.jpg

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Good one Carpy! lol......
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I hope he's squirming in his panties because as someone else said in another post, "we shouldn't fear the government, they should fear us!"  So be afraid oblahblah, be very afraid!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Good one Carpy.

And yeah, he really said that. If you're going to understand one thing about Obama it's that he really thinks he's right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Now see OP, you used a Democrat Blog/website AGAINST Democrats. Niiiiiiiiiiiice! I notice "they" didn't respond. They don't like being called out. It makes them run and hide. Which is what we have here! No CM Dems answering your question.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 8, 2009