How to keep a baby to sleep in their bed?

My baby is three months old and my hubby and I moved her into her bed but she will only stay in her bed from her bed time which is 8 pm to about 1 am and then she wont go back to bed until we bring her back in our room. I was just wondering how to keep her in her bed?

EricaBaylee

Asked by EricaBaylee at 7:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's only 3 months, you could try a bassinet beside your bed. She's still wanting to be near you apparently.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

•  You're training her to sleep until 1am when she knows you will come in and she'll get to go to bed with you. Look up info on the cry it out method. Lucky for you your daughter is still young. If you give up now and let her sleep with you, it will be an even harder habit to break in her when she is older!

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Get a bassinet and put it next to your bed! After feeding her I used to put her back in her bassinet and held her hand until she fell asleep!
    And with 6 months I moved her to her crib in her own room and never had any problems!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 7:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• ugh i have the same problem with our 5mo. hope you get some answers
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 7:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• We moved ours into his own room at 8 months. (His crib was in our room until then.) We had no problems at all. She needs to feel safe and secure. We did not do the CIO method. I did read the book, Happiest Baby on the Block, by Dr. Harvey Karp & it was great!  http://www.amazon.com/Happiest-Baby-Block-Crying-Newborn/dp/0553381466/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249707822&sr=8-1 

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:06 AM on Aug. 8, 2009