just had sex, 38 weeks and now a lot of pressure

is that normal? we are tryin to have sex to stimulate contractions, i have been in early labor for about a week now and am at a 3cm..
for those who have had sex to induce urself how long did it take for you to work if it did indeed work? what were the signs sayin it did work?
plz no bashing or the baby will come when hes ready because not to be rude but im so sick of hearing that and it seems rude esp when thts not what the question was asking. very much appreciated. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's probably the baby beginning to descend... make it with the lovin' girl! Ejaculate softens up the cervix and makes for easier delivery and it's a heck of a lot more fun than pitocin!
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• at 38 weeks you will feel alot of pressure its so normal...that just means the babys head is moving down n down the further your dialated...just be on the safe side because depending on how fast you are dialated at 4 cm you can b admitted to the hosptial...espcailly if contractions start.. at this point you are really tired i kno but just hang in there soon you will be holding your bunde of joy...god bless and try to sit...because the pressure is the same you will be feeling during labor dont rush it...i miss be pregnant my daughter just turned 4 months good luck sweetheart!
    IHeArTZoEy

Answer by IHeArTZoEy at 7:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Ha ha i remember pestering my hubby to get them out. at 38 it was enough is enough, I remember that afterwards there was a ton of pressure- almost painful. But it never worked for me :( Good luck!
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• lol. this is my third baby and i cant wait to hold em.... i was nduced with my second baby with pitocin and omg never ever again. i have an induction set up for the 17th but im really tryin to get him to wiggle his way out..lol. the longest ive ever been in labor was 8 hours with my first baby and she came all on her own. i was 1 cm the day befor went in for an induction, was dilated to a 3 and went on my own...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I know you don't want to hear it but that's the truth. I was dilated for couple weeks and I've done everything under the sun and none of it worked, I went to go get induced and that same morning I started going into labor with my second child, with my first he wasn't coming out for nothing I got induced and only 18 hours later he came out

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I REALLY dislike when ppl answer your question with answers you didnt ask for its like READ THE QUESTION DUMMY!
    bennysmommy816

Answer by bennysmommy816 at 7:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• you'll know if it's labor. i had to shovel snow with my last one. has your doc striped the membrane?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 8:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2009