how can i boost my immune system?

it seems like for the past 3 years i've been CONSTANTLY sick... like one thing after the next.. sinus infection, ear infection turned bronchial infection.. Since I was little, i've been very susceptible to bronchial infections. every year (sometimes 2-3 times a year), no fail, I end up with bronchitis. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick and tired of it.. no doctor seems to be concerned about it, but its DRIVING ME NUTS. I'm losing enjoyment in my life because of never ending bronchitis!!!

so i've been taking a prenatal vitamin and zinc daily... i quit smoking a while ago... i never drink.. i admit that my diet isn't the greatest/most well balanced, but I really do try.

my guilty pleasure is caffeine, which i consume about 2 cans of diet soda daily..

what else can i do to boost my immune system? any tried and true remedies??? i'm going nuts!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Health

• Eating right is a good thing to do, fresh fruits and veggies. Increase your vitamin C can also help, if you are stressed it can lead to a weak immune system, exercise is good for relieveing stress or sex LOL, I am sure there are others but thats about all I can think of right now..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Eat a balance diet. You have the immune system you have. There are all kinds of "remedies" out there....none of them are worth their salt. Unfortunately, you're one who has a weaker immune system.

Make sure you're washing your hands and all the other things to limit colds. That's about all you can do that will REALLY work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• 1000 mg of vitamin c everyday and i swear it worked for me and hubby. we are hardly ever sick and hubby works in a hospital everyday
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Take echineacea for 3 weeks on and one week off.

Cut way back on, or eliminate, simple grains, processed foods, meat, dairy

Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and legumes. Drink lots of water 

Answer by rkoloms at 11:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2009