4D Ultrasound at 16 weeks?

I plan on having a 4D ultrasound at 30 weeks, but my spouse and I were considering also having 4D ultrasound done at 16 weeks to try to get a sneak peek at the gender. Anybody ever done this? Anyone have any 16 weeks 4D pics??

JohnnyCakes

Asked by JohnnyCakes at 7:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I tried but they wont give you one til you have your second trimester ultra sound with your OB to screen for problems with the baby. So I am getting my regular ultra sound with my OB at 2 on August 19th and then my 4D ultra sound at 6 the same day lol. I will be 21 weeks, hoping for a boy wish me luck lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 7:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• honestly i wouldnt do it because they dont even trust the 4d for gender they only rely on the 2d for that so i would just get an regular 2d u/s for gender and wait for the 4d at 30wks you will get awesome pictures i did!
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 7:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Why would you waste your money?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I have had 4D done at each ultrasound because I am high risk, although I did not purchase/get the photos. The picture is amazing but I would wait until at least 20-25 weeks because I had mine done and was told it was a different sex each time! So save your money and wait.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think I did one around that time. I never asked my ob just did it. And it didn't cost anything for me
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2009