If you had a boy and really wanted a girl the next time or flipped around how long did it take you to get over it?

I am not pregnant yet but I want a little girl so bad! And I'm afraid I will be devastated if I have another boy bc 2 will be it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have a girl, and we are hoping for a boy this time (I find out in 2 weeks) but if its another girl I wont be sad because I know we are having more kids so we have a few more attempts.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 7:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I really wanted a boy and then a girl, but because of the horrible experience I had with this birth,(4 week old boy who is AWESOME) I won't be having any more children. I am sad because I really wanted to have a little girl as well.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• If you have 2 boys, you had better want 3. I have 3 boys. I kind of hoped for a girl, but I think we are just wired to have many of the same. I was more happy they were all healty. The 3rd boy has been the one who is the most fun. I love them all, but the last one is just a hoot. He is now 14, in marching band, working on his Eagle, and has a large sense of humor. I think you "get over it" as soon as you see that sweet little face.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i just wanted healthy kids. Yes, I would have loved a girl, but I am just as happy that this one will have a great set of big brothers. After my m/c, I am just excited about having this gift from God.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think you "get over it" as soon as you see that sweet little face.

I agree. :] If for some reason you don't and still feel disappointed, don't feel bad or put yourself down, that's normal too. I would just not force anything and eventually your little one will help you forget that you even ever wanted a girl.
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I didn't want one or the other but I was so sure I was having a girl the first time around. Turns out I was having a boy. I was surprised but stoked none the less.
    I wouldn't trade him for anything.

This time around we ARE expecting a girl...according to the ultrasound. I don't trust anything 100% until I can see in person, for myself. Lol!

I wanted a girl this time so I looked up all of the old wives tales and the chinese gender chart and planned the conception down to the exact day that would give us the best chance for a girl. I figured it was worth a shot. If it worked, great, if not then at least we didn't need to buy any baby clothes! lol
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Some people don't ever get over it. Many people go through this. It's called Gender disappointment, google it. You'll find many online communities of men and women that go through the same things.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Don't have another child until you are capable of welcoming either gender equally into your family

Answer by rkoloms at 8:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• LOL with number one I soooo wanted a girl.. I actually cried when the lady said it's a boy on the ultrasound. she though I was happy. lol. Anyway. I got used to the idea eventually (a few weeks maybe) and i love having him. i have to say though I was elated when number two was a girl!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I had 3 boys and 3 miscarriages. Now I have a grandson and may have no more grandchildren. My only DIL has a lot of psychological problems and no one likes her (not even her familly). I put up with her more than anyone other than my son.

My mom didn't want to be a mom. She lives thousands of miles away. When my father died she remarried and stopped contacting me. My sister married a criminal and has been on the run for like 20 years. I wish I would have had a daughter.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2009