What would you do..we are so behind in bills its embarassing!!!!

our apt we have is about as cheap as they get where we live. we have a roomate, still we are unable to pay rent. my SO has 2 jobs. but his work is DEAD right now from the economy and heat. we have car payment, insurance, rent and gas and electric which is our only bills.
my mother is on our lease, and she has know we have been struggling horribly for about 5-6 months now. (borrowing money, being close to getting evicted, late fees everything) we are thinking about bankruptcy, but would rather not. we know we need to get out of this apartment, and start fresh. we have his brother that will let us stay with him however long we need to to get on our feet and save money but my mother has aleady said she will be FURIOUS if we break our lease as she is on the lease too and it will efect her credit. i find this & bankruptcy to be our only option... i dont want to upset her but we need to do what is best for OUR family.. advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Umm be broke with a happy mom, or move in with help from family with a mad mom. I would opt for the later
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• What about applying for a consolidated loan? Pay off everything you owe and then just have the one payment of the loan to worry about.

Also I would go out and get any kind of job just to make ends meet. These are trying times, true there's not a lot of work out there but there is some. You might need to swallow your pride a little and go get a McJob.

Also decide on what things are necessary and what things aren't. Do you "need" your car right now? Can you cancel the insurance and park it at your mother or brother in law's house? Or sell it if you don't really need it?

Make a budget for yourselves and stick to it. Be really strict and only buy what you really need, no extras.
    It sucks but desperate times call for desperate measures. It wont be this hard forever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• have you applied for welfare?

even if you don't qualify they can direct you towards non profit groups that have funds for people in situations like yourself. i got 325 in rental assistance last month from a program, good luck
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Maybe you should think about staying with your brother and get your stuff together, I mean hun we did that twice and finally we got out from under everything. Where do you live, cecause we live in Texas and the electric is killing us right now....So take it easy sweetie and maybe think about staying with your brother.......Message me if you wanna chat ANYTIME!!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Once, you borrowed from your mom and she signed your lease, the option to move on and start new,is OUT,so what is your MOM supposed to do with her credit while you are starting new. I'am a mother and I have co-signed for 2 daughters,both daughters jobs stopped at the same time,but guess what,before the rent was due,they both had new jobs,my daughters respected me that much,and knew I had worked hard to build up my credit,so they knew they didn't want to mess my credit up.Dear heart ,you owe it to your MOM to get off your behind and get a job,and make your DH get a 3rd job,grow up,you want to play house,but you got everybody taking care of your problems,your MOM signing your lease,your brother helping pay bills,and you are still complaing,I am talking to you like a DD, I'm not going to pity you,or pat you on the back,not when you are thinking about running and dumping this mess on your MOM CREDIT,this is wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I agree with Anon.8:48! Dont screw your moms credit! Try to cut your budget more
    -Do you eat fast food (even for lunch) ??? ... STOP! :)
    -Do you get your hair done/nails done/ ect... Dont :)
    - Are you doing anything to bring in extra money? Even babysitting on saturday nights can bring in an extra $30-$50.. Do you know anyone that needs help keeping their yard mowed? house clean? car cleaned? (when ur broke--nothing is 'beneath you'!)
    - are you doing everything u can to cut your bills-- turn ac down during the day when ur not home, shorter showers. dont run water when u brush your teeth(put water in a cup!), UNPLUG appliances not in use.. dont let cell phone chargers just stay plugged in the wall.. dont let computer run on sleep over night..
    - is carpooling to work an option?
    -cable, internety, xbox, ipod, LUXURY! If u own more than 1 TV-Sell extras! :) Got baby clothes that dont fit? sell it!
    Wishing you the best! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• anony and mommatasha... i have gone out and applied everywhere possible....im not just sitting here doing nothing. i dont want to move out of my home this is OUR home. we dont eat fast food, i dont get my nails done hair done buy make u buy clothes or anything. we buy bare minimum. we dont have cell phones and no cable no internet no game systems pods tvs etc. we are doing everything BARE MINIMUM...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Aug. 8, 2009