Can a Chihuahua and a Great Dane make babies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pets

• maybe, i just hope the chihuahua isn't the girl
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• if the chihuahua thinks he can mount her!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'm thinking they can not do it naturally but if you were to do the aftificial way then it could be done i'm thinking. But the chihuahua would have to be the daddy.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I guess technically the genes are compatible. They couldn't do it naturally for sure. I agree the chihuahua would have to be the daddy for the mother not have any ill effects on her though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• if the mother was the chi you'd have a dead one. if the chi is the daddy then i feel bad for the female dane as if she would feel it!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Well if a English bulldog mom and a Dachshound dad can have puppies =/ then I would say probably. But the great dane would have to be the mom the puppies would be to large the Chihuahua to safely carrier or have. I am hoping this is just an off the wall question though.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 9:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I was planning on mating my female chi.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• If you don't have the good sense to know that a female chi can not carry puppies from a great dane then you really really no business breeding her in the first place!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my dane was 3 pounds at birth...do not do it or you'll have a dead dog on your hands.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• If the female is chihuahua and you mate her to a great dane, the developing pups will kill her. If the female is great dane, she might have the pups, but it is highly likely they will be too small to nurse sucessfully on a great dane mother and will die shortly after birth. This is a bad idea all around. Don't do it please!

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2009