did anyone watch oprah today?

i didnt get to see the whole thing, but they were talking about allowing your small children to masterbate...just curious to see what other moms think about this?

brodysmama23

Asked by brodysmama23 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• yes I saw it. it happens. Just teach them to do it in private. I've been doing it every day (almost) since I was 5. It's all good.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Isn't Oprah reruns in the summer>

Answer by louise2 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Masturbation is a normal/healthy thing IMO --- at a young age you just think it feels good-- nothing sexual about it & then you get older & realize its sexual as you mature...As long as my child does it in private I wont worry...

I dont think you should encourage it so to speak -- let your child find it on their own terms, but I also dont think it should be looked down on in any way because you dont want a child to start feeling ashamed of their own body or what they may be doing with it when they are alone...

If its something I can do alone with no help from anything (object, person, place, ect) then its non-ya-bizzness!  :-)

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• "Isn't Oprah reruns in the summer?" WTF does that have to do with the poster's question?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Why not? It's about feeling good, not sex. They don't fantasize, they just know it feels good. Teach them about privacy and be sure it doesn't become a "habit" of sorts (like, they do it all the time and it gets in the way of interacting with others). Knowing what you like and don't like translates to healthy sexual relationships down the road.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 1:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009