Diaper rash....

My DD has what i think to be a diaper rash but nothing i do seems to help ive tried a&d destine letting it air dry for awhile some cream i got for her doctor which is called nastine.. nothing is working.. shes had diaper rashes get so bad they bleed and when i take her to the doctor they give me the same cream.. ive noticed that when she poops it gets way worst could it be acids in the poop thats burning her skin i dont no what else to do and i no it hurts her so bad PLEASE HELP

kahlynsmommy1

Asked by kahlynsmommy1 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is a really good diaper cream called calmoseptine you can get it at walmart it's an over the counter cream but you have to get it from the pharmacists. My little girl had a bad diaper rash and this was the only that worked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Have you tried switching diapers and wipes? Maybe she's having an allergic reaction to the perfumes in them.

Do you give her baking soda baths? That's only a temporary relief of pain for her but whatever helps right?

Hopefully it gets better soon :(
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 8:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My dd was allergic to huggies...they would break her bottom out real bad.

Also, could it be a food allergy?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Or maybe a juice intolerance...to much juice can sometimes irritate...maybe it bothers her more? Just an idea.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My daughter does the same thing. I dont give her much juice or stuff with acid and NO soda. It could be the diapers. My DD cant use Pampers. But i normally keep it super clean. Bath every night. And i cake the a&D on it so it doesnt rubb off and get pee on it.
    hisfuturewifey

Answer by hisfuturewifey at 10:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• She is allergic to everything but pampers so i no its not that and i stopped use wipes just wet paper towels. but i will try and not give her juice and see if it helps thanks
    kahlynsmommy1

Answer by kahlynsmommy1 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my daughter is getting rid of a bad one right now. i am using ButtPaste on it and it is working really really good! =) and these wipes that are in the breast pump area called Lansinoh wipes. they help too, and they are wipes. im using both and is almost gone in two days.
    sarahbumblebee

Answer by sarahbumblebee at 10:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I know this may sound really weird with what i am going to tell you but i use to have the same problem with my son all the time and I have an older friend who use to use a diffrent remedy lol but go and buy some bag bom and use that it works wonders and since I've been useing bag bom for my sons rashes he barley gets them anymore but I still keep it handy for if he does get them and I did ask his doctor if it was ok to use and they told me that its not going to hurt but bag bom is usually used for like dryed tits for like goats and cows but like I said it works wonders you can buy it at walmart near the pharamacy well good luck and hope this helps
    proudmom4cj

Answer by proudmom4cj at 11:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Did you ask the doctor if maybe its a fungal infection. My son got one like that after he was on antibiotics and they had to give him a special one maybe ask your doctor if its a fungal infection. We had to keep him out of diaper 3 times a day for 20 mins each time and put that cream on him and we couldnt wipe him if he pooped we had to give him a bath bc wiping him would tear off the new skin cells and he would bleed so I advise you to as you doctor if maybe it is a fungal infection.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 1:32 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My son had one. It was a yeast infection. Doc gave us some cream and we gave him lots of yogurt and bathed him in cornstarch. We used Desitin Nighttime cream with the prescription cream and baby powder. We also let him run around naked a few times a day. All this helped.
    RomansMom25

Answer by RomansMom25 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009