How good do you think their healthcare is when they can't even afford toilet paper?

I am sure its not as good as the idiot Michael Moore wants you to think in his docudrama Sicko.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090807/lf_nm_life/us_cuba_crisis_toiletpaper_1

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am all for health care here. I cant believe people dont get it
    junebug83

Answer by junebug83 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Been to Cuba several times. I broke my arm there once and I had outstanding care.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I am for health care because I believe a country should look after its people, not matter if they are rich or poor. Health is most important.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 9:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think we should look after those who truly need help. But the welfare system needs some serious overhaul to make those who can work and pay their own bills do so!! This is such an irritating topic to me because my SIL has lived off of the government for 17 years and there's nothing wrong with her - she's just lazy. I think if people like her got jobs and paid for their own insurance we would all be better off. But like I said, for people that really need the help, we absolutely should look after them.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 9:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I agree golden fox, but how on earth are we going to monitor this without looking like big brother? Its hard.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 9:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Been to Cuba several times. I broke my arm there once and I had outstanding care

and how did you manage that?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Do you know what irks me the most about the healthcare situation? The fact that I work, have been here for 9 years, but because I'm a single parent, everything I make goes towards taking care of my family, which means that I don't have insurance and if it weren't for the government, my kids wouldn't have it. Now, for myself, that's no problem, I just don't go to a dr. The thing that kills me, like another poster said, are those who don't work, not because they can't, but they won't. And yet they have freaking health care provided by our government. Of course we don't want them to get sick, they won't be able to sign their freaking welfare checks, or let the housing authority in to inspect their free housing. Ok, enough of my rant, but all I can say is that something needs to be done, and the first step should be in getting people to work.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Its kinda hard to get people work at the moment when people are still being laid off and losing their benefits for their family also. It would be a perfect work if everyone was employable and there were enough jobs for them to be employed by. But it isnt and those deserve health care should get it.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 9:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I have nothing against people who were layed off, or who are trying to work. I have something against the people who have NEVER worked, have ALSWAYS lived off the governments dime. Why do they deserve health care? And no, I'm not talking about the woman who was married for 30 years, always a homemaker but finally finds herself in trouble. Again, I'm talking about those who have always lived off the government, and have no intention of changing.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• You are right but it like the saying "give one give all"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2009