I just found a DEAD FLY in my big pot of soup! Should I throw it out???

After 3 hours of cooking my favorite crock pot soup, I left the pot on the stove to simmer a bit with the lip halfway on it. I put a lot of my favorite ingredients in there, plus different types of meats and fish. I couldnt wait to eat it. I leave for a hour and come back to find a freaking DEAD FLY just hanging in there. I was IRATE!!! What to do...What to do...I am still salivating, dead fly and all. I almost want to scoop it out and eat away anyway, but the thought of it grosses me out. It would take many days of planning to cook another pot of soup like this...:)

What would you do in my position...Pls dont bash me. I feel badly enough...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ok, I think I've heard this story before..but it was an apple in the soup...dear, if it freaks you out then throw it out....if it don't..then....but it must be up to you...sorry, I was trying to put humor in this...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Well a dead fly is nothing compaired to whats in pepper or spagetti sause etc. The FDA allows for a certain number of magets etc to be OK in our foods, so dont worry to much. I know either way it is gross but.....harmless.

Every think of how many bugs we swallow at night when we sleep or riding a bike. It happens
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• The fly is extra protein, no biggie!! Eat up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Take the fly out and eat it.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Eh, if your hungry enough, you'll eat it.
    ChelseaCorrado

Answer by ChelseaCorrado at 8:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I was taugh,if you have to ask,then throw it away,it's like when you smell something and wondered if it is spoiled,if you are like me,once I ate that soup, I would be thinkimg of that dead fly for a long time.Just make a new batch on the top stove,this will cut the time.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• No big. No one will know but you. Flies land on your food all the time, I don't see the difference if you don't swallow it.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009