What is best????

So just wanting some opinions....not sure of what to get. Direct Tv or Dish network? pros and cons?

iri24

Asked by iri24 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Entertainment

Level 2 (-26 Credits)
  • I worked for a Satellite installation company for a while. We did both, and everyone always ended up canceling the Dish and converting to Direct TV.

We had 10 times more people using Direct tv as opposed to Dish. We have Direct TV right now, and love it! The DVR recorder that you can add on is FABULOUS! Well worth the money

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I agree with mom2twobabes I love my direct tv.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• We've had both. We switched from Dish when they were having problems with the local ABC station in our area. Now we have Direct TV. I like Dish better, because they have a better DVR. It is able to be used by two TV's in different rooms. So, for example, if both you and dh want to watch difference recorded shows, you can each watch your own thing. Direct TV you can only use the DVR on the main TV and the other TV is just a normal receiver. Also you could record/pause on both tv's with Dish. There's no way around that with Direct TV (except buying two DVR's). Also, Direct TV has a slow response time from when you push buttons on the remote till things change on the menu/screen. It's irritating sometimes. It's like the difference between high speed and dial up. Other than that, we do have more channels with Direct TV and some of the features are more user friendly. But we'll probably end up switching back sometime.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 8:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Im a fan of DirectTV which we have and love. If you have never had satellite the menu and controller take a little getting used to but after that its fabulous (it would be the same with Dish only worse). The menu on Dish is super annoying and not at all user friendly in my opinion. DirectTV has more options and the support teams are better (from my experience).
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Dish is awful
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 9:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i hate hate hate hate satellite tv. no tv service when it's raining hard.... it sucks (i have directv)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i had dish for 3 years and we have had directv for 3 months. i like dish better. directv had to come out THREE times to install and knocked unnecessary holes in my wall (3 of them!). but my husband insisted we switch because they have more HD channels.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 10:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• also, one thing i like about directv is that you can record two shows at once while watching a third. dish you can't. but dish gave us two FREE dvr's, directv only have us one
    trepsica

• Dish is awful, if it is raining, you lose reception. I babysat for my cousins kids and he had a dish and it was raining and the dish kept going out. It sucked.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I've had dish for 2 years, and I love it. We've only lost the signal a couple times, for maybe an hour, and they always credit your account for the day if you call them. I love their receiver/DVR that can be used for 2 rooms with just one receiver. It's great.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:55 AM on Aug. 8, 2009