Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD's father trying to be nice now...

DD's father wanted a DNA test. so i told him, you pay for it, we take it. i have nothing to hide. he hasnt been there for her since she was born anyway. and i told him if he didnt have the money for it, that i would go down to the court house, and put him on child support and they will do it for free.. now he wants to be nice. saying how he wants to get back together. should i forget the whole child support thing and let him try to be there. or should i make him pay for the test, and then put him on child support still...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (6)
  • In my opinion ( I dont know all of your situation) If he didnt belive it was his and didnt want to take responsibility than I would let him pay for the test and child support and I dont think I could live with someone that didnt trust me.. I dont like being on egg shells or accused of being with someone else if I hadnt been.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

  • Get child suport from him. Sounds like he just want to get back with you to stop you from getting childsupport.

    Answer by louise2 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

  • He just wants to be nice so he won't have to pay child support DON'T FALL FOR IT

    Answer by kittenripmaygo at 9:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

  • Honey, do you really want to be with him? Because in the end, that's what matters. It does sound like it could be both ways. I'd have a heart-to-heart with and see if he really does want to get back with you. And if he does, he needs to take 100% responsibility for the baby, because DNA doesn't mean shit if he signed the birth certificate.

    Answer by srhmldndo at 9:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

  • This is why men don't take care of their kids,because too many times,women are thinking of theirselves and not their kids,you would rather have this jerk in your bed,then make him support your child.Put him in support court now,I guarateed you,if, you take him back,in a few months,he will be gone,your child deserves better,and so do you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

  • I would have him do the test....that way you never have to hear about it again. Chances are that even if you two were to go to court and he's not on the birth certificate, the judge would order one any way

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.