What Would You Do?

I've asked a question similar to this before but I'm just beyond frustrated. My friend was over not with her husband but with her boyfriend and three of her kids. I have made it very clear that I'm short on money due to not working for the past month because of high risk pregnancy. Last weekend I spent almost 80.00 dollars just on two meals for one day, feeding my one daughter and her kids. I avoided her phone calls for the week because I wasnt in the mood for them to always show up during dinner time. I said to her last night that my daughter and I already ate so they should eat before they come over. They came after getting fast food and went swimming. They stayed for about two hours. I hid the juice so it wouldnt be gone in one night and I go to get grapes out of my fridge and I'm talking at least two pounds and my friends daughter who is 12 took them out of my fridge and ate them all. Its just down right annoying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• That is very rude! When I was 12 (or even 7) I knew not to take food from other peoples home without atleaste asking first (which i was shy so id starve before asking for food! lol)..
    If that were me & I seen her take the grapes I would have got a bowl down & gave her a small bowl of grapes..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• do they have money? are they known for being freeloaders? i think ide say "im sorry but i really dont have food and i know this sounds really sad but i kinda only got food for my kid"
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think its sad that your friend is not listening to you when you say you are short on funds. Im agree that kids shouldnt go into other peoples fridges without asking. I think If it were me I would mention to your friend that her daughter ate teh grapes and you needed those. If she doesnt offer to replace them or at least applogize I would say the house is offlimits (id probably blame the high risk pregnancy). If you are able go meet her at her house and eat her food haha
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• She's not a friend she's a free loader. A friend would not put you in this position, and if she was really a friend, you could talk to her about it. She's an aquaintence who you don't know how to get rid of.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• The next time she comes over and her kids try to help themselves to the food tell them no, if she is truly your friend she will understand and if she gets mad then you knowsheis just using you.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• don't have them over meet out at places
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:34 AM on Aug. 8, 2009