How long would you let her go?

My daughter has gotten into the habit (the last week or so) of going to bed around 6, then waking up at 8:30 or so and not wanting to go back to sleep. Before this week, she had been going to bed around 7:30 or 8... but she has been going earlier. Anyway shes been crying/whining for about a half hour... I've tried rocking her, having her sit with me on the couch, I gave her a bottle. Nothing is working. It seems like she wants to play... I will NOT do this, because I dont want it to become a habit. Anyway, what are your thoughts? BTW she is not sick, a little snotty, but getting over a cold. Maybe teething, may be a growth spurt.

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 9:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think i would try to keep her up instead of letting her fall asleep at 6pm. I try not to let my kids take a nap after 4pm (they are 2 1/2 and 16 months) so that they dont wake up at 9pm all refreshed. Granted sometimes i let them sleep if they were sick or something but in general. But im with you I wouldnt want it to be a habit either. I guess it might depend on how old she is too.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Shes 15 months. Also she has been sitting on my lap for a while happily. She seems to like that. She wasn't whining or anything, but I just put her to bed. She hasn't made any noise yet. Maybe she just wanted some bonus cuddle time with mommy... who knows.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Sounds like my dd... she suddenly started trying to nap on me at 630-7 and wouldn't go to sleep until midnight, one am!! It was HORRIBLE! It went on for easily a month... I just got it firgured out (fingers crossed):

at about 830-9 we read books until she is yawning and then I've been massaging her temples or running my fingers over her face!!! That worked instantly and it takes a lot of patience to sit there and do that. But her eyes get droopy fast and she's out within 10 minutes!!!! It's GREAT!!!! Plus, I get my cuddle time/enjoyment from staring at her beautiful sleeping face! :)

GL! I do know it's HARD! Very annoying too! My dd is now 21 mos and she started that a while back... finally got it under control months later!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:24 AM on Aug. 8, 2009