What threatens the environment most?

My husband says population growth. I think it has more to do with the manner in which people consume.

logansmomma2007

Asked by logansmomma2007 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• apparently cow farts lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 9:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I would say population growth. That than increases consumption/pollution.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 9:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Clean water, goes along with population growth
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Us and cows.

Down with beef.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 9:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Food processing plants gah the sludge that comes out of those places ick!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• AL GORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Ummm we don't have population growth....We have been staying steady for awhile now. I say greenpeacers.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• The meat industry is a HUGE problem, and that extends beyond just their farts.
    A well educated friend told me that he read an article saying that leaf blowers and sun screen are the biggest pollutant offenders (leaf blowers because they're so abundant and have absolutely no filter on them and sunscreen because it gets into the water and contaminates the oceans). But I'm willing to bet that car exhaustion is way up there too.
    And stray cats.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 3:08 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Can we just say the human population and be done with it? I mean, we're killing ourselves and the planet in SO MANY ways that it's really hard to pick just one.
    SxdUpAngel

Answer by SxdUpAngel at 8:00 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Those who try to save the planet invariably do the worst damage. The efforts to stop ALL forest fires instead allowed plant species to go extinct, destroyed habitat, and created worse fires that were more destructive and polluting than the original fires.

Environmentalists tried to create fake reefs by dropping tires into the ocean, thinking it would provide habitat for animals. Instead, it added pollutants to the water and the sea animals rejected the fake reefs.

Most invasive species were brought to the area they destroy by well-meaning environmentalists who were trying to save or improve the local area.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:22 AM on Aug. 8, 2009