My son has and attitude what to do...?

What do I od my son now when he gets mad when i tell him soemthing he says Shut up he says it to anyone! So how do I stop him from saying shut up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He is less than 2? Stop saying things to him that he can say shut up to. Stop saying shut up to him.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• he obviously learned shut up from SOMEONE. it may not be you but whoever it is you need to talk to them and make sure they watch what they're saying around your little one!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 10:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Less than two? Immediately put him in his crib for a couple of minutes (no toys). At that age, he's basically repeating what he's heard from someone. But he needs to understand that it's not ok to say that to you or anyone else.

Older than two? Regular time out in a "naughty chair" or whatever set-up you have.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2009