when to start looking?

my son is due in 4 weeks almost 3, and I'm wondering.. when is the time to start looking for a pediatrician?

kittenripmaygo

Asked by kittenripmaygo at 9:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• now
    Proud2bJmom

Answer by Proud2bJmom at 9:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• You should go ahead and begin looking, and contact the one that you decide on. Before your baby will be released from the hospital, you will need to give them the name of the pediatrician you plan to use so that they can forward your little one's medical records to them. Your baby will have to have a check from a pediatrician before leaving as well . If you have already decided on one, many will make that visit to the hospital if it is one of the hospitals that they cover, or you can simply have one of the hospital pediatricians do this check.
    Lindzh01

Answer by Lindzh01 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My pediatrician wanted to meet with us before our baby was born. We also had to give a name at the first OB appointment. Start asking friends who they suggest. Good Luck with your delivery!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'd say now.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:17 AM on Aug. 9, 2009